The VCE Dance course at Reflections Academy of Dance is a fully accredited VCE subject recognised by the Victorian Curriculum Assessment Authority (VCAA). RAD is one of only a few dance schools in the South-Eastern suburb that offer VCE through a private provider.
As Dance is a specialist elective, that many schools cannot offer, RAD believes that we have made this accessible to local students at an affordable price. RAD currently have students from several local secondary schools undertaking the Vce course through our partnership. Past schools include:
– Alkira SC
– Casey Grammar College
– Kambrya SC
– Cranbourne East SC
– Patterson River SC
– St. Peter’s Christian College
– Berwick College
– Hallam Senior College
– St. Francis Xavier College
– Elisabeth Murdoch College
– Narre Warren P-12
– Frankston High
– St Margaret’s College
This study enables students to:
- develop safe dance practice and physical skills to enable a secure, controlled, expressive movement vocabulary to emerge
- develop a safe and anatomically aware use of the body
- develop skills associated with a variety of approaches to dance-making and performance
- respond creatively and kinaesthetically to ideas, emotions, observations and explorations of movement to communicate an expressive intention
- observe, experience and write about dance in an analytical, a critical and a reflective manner
- understand influences on their own dance works and those created by other choreographers
The study is made up of four units. Each unit deals with specific content contained in areas of study and is designed to enable students to achieve a set of outcomes for that unit. Each outcome is described in terms of key knowledge and key skills.
There are no prerequisites for entry to Units 1, 2 and 3. Students must undertake Unit 3 prior to undertaking Unit 4. Units 1 to 4 are designed to a standard equivalent to the final two years of secondary education. All VCE studies are benchmarked against comparable national and international curriculum.
It is recommended that students have three to four years dance and/or movement experience prior to the commencement of VCE Dance. This experience might focus on a specific dance style or could involve development of a personal movement vocabulary.
For further information, please contact email@example.com